Did you read my Part 1 – I Love Amy’s Part I? Well, I am biased, I just love this company and their products! When I started to feel a little better during second trimester (I’m 24 weeks now), it took me a little longer to get through the rest of the frozen goods! However, I am very glad I got to them since the top shelf of my outside freezer, where I was storing them, just stopped working and I had to throw out the food up there! Luckily, I had already snarfed down all of my Amy’s. Amy’s disaster averted! On a side-note, I’m a little miffed that I’ve had the freezer 16 months and of course it pooped out on me already and four months after the warranty expired. The only appliance in our house we did not do the extended warranty on…grrrr.
Amy’s is wonderful for anyone with food allergies and non-meat-eaters. They have very clear packaging and most of their foods end you know exactly what you are and are not eating! When I originally spoke with the folks over at Amy’s, we were thinking my husband’s food stomach issues had to do with his wheat allergy (though he has tons of food allergies) but come to find out, we’re 90% sure now that it’s actually dairy/mostly cheese! Though I haven’t yet tried the cheeseless pizza and some other dairy free products, I’m so excited that they carry them! Of course they would.
- Tamale with Roasted Vegetables (gluten, dairy, cholesterol, lactose, soy, tree nut free, and vegan, kosher): I LOVE the cheese verde and black bean verde tamale, but this one didn’t do it for me, plus my beans got burnt on the lowest setting, this one just wasn’t for me.
- Brown Rice, Black-Eyed Peas and Veggies Bowl (gluten, dairy, lactose, cholesterol, tree nut, corn free and vegan, kosher): My absolute new favorite. YUMMY! I like ginger but not when it’s overwhelming, the light ginger flavor in here had me excited for each bite, which I savored. The great mix of veggies and nutrition facts on this make me want to do a dance and stock my freezer with it.
- Chili and Cornbread (soy & tree-nut free, kosher): Fantastic chili flavor, the cornbread is a perfect accompaniment. Feels like a hearty meal and something I could feed my husband without a complaint!
- Spinach and Feta Pocket (kosher, tree nut free): It’s a convenient little pocket meal, but the oniony flavor was a bit much for me
- Tofu Vegetable Scramble (gluten, dairy, lactose, tree nut, corn free and vegan, kosher): A flavorful breakfast scramble with just the right amount of flavor for me. The hash browns were good too and I wasn’t sure how they would end up in the microwave! I like it for lunch.
- Mexican Tofu Scramble (gluten, tree nut free and kosher): I loved the corn tortilla at the bottom of this but again, at the lowest recommended time limit, the black beans were overdone and so was the tortilla. I still got a wonderful flavor out of it though and next time will just cut the recommended cooking time.
- Southwestern Burrito (soy, tree nut free): Simply creamy and flavorful. A yummy quick meal when you’re in the mood for a cheesy/creamy burrito!
So thanks again you folks over at Amy’s, you rock! I can’t wait until my freezer outside is fixed…er, or we have to buy a new one, so that I can once again stock up on these healthy and delicious treats. The past few weeks I have pigged out far too much and I think these are the perfect way to take it back a notch for awhile. While I wait impatiently for our Farmer’s Market to open, I’m just going to have to buy a million boxes of the Brown Rice, Black Eyed Peas and Veggies Bowl to get in some of that light taste of summer before it officially starts here.
* If you missed Part I, I included some interesting info on the the company and the founders’ story!
** Oh my, I almost forgot a little tip a friend of mine gave me. She said you can contact Amy’s customer service and they’ll send you coupons in the mail (she wanted to try the food but since it was new to her she didn’t want to spent too much just in case) – and they were extremely nice to her as well! However, even if you can’t get coupons, I found it’s the cheapest at Target and quite affordable – a great variety at my Target. Much more expensive at a couple of other local grocery stores though.
Disclosure: I received free product from Amy’s