Via the Foodbuzz Tastemaker’s program, I received some free Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry. Since I made these Spinach and Feta Swirls, my mouth has been thinking of making these with Nutella and hazelnuts. I love puff pastry! I can’t say it’s healthy- but you can put healthy fillings into it! Check out my Runza Casserole! One of my favorite things to do with puff pastry is to just put some Ham and good Swiss and a little dijon in between two sheets rolled a little flat and baking it. Makes a fun and tasty sandwich.
- Two sheets (1 box) frozen Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry – thawed
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted
- Chocolate chips – optional
- Melted butter- optional
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Grind toasted hazelnuts
- Brush puff pastries with melted butter- unless you want to go a little lighter – the pastry gets drier without the butter once cooled, however, once warmed, the moisture from the fat inside comes back.
- Spread Nutella around pastry near the edges- enough so that you don’t see pastry under the Nutella
- Sprinkle hazelnuts evenly amongst both pastries
- If you want a little more chocolate (and a little more moisture) sprinkle some chocolate chips or minis on top of the hazelnuts
- Roll tightly – cut each roll into six pieces totaling 12
- Place spiral side down into greased muffin pan
- Bake about 25-30 minutes
- Cool slightly- serve a little warm – if you eat it right out of the oven, the Nutella flavor doesn’t come through!