A Happy Runner-Up

by Ann on September 17, 2009

Baked Hot Wing Sauce Garbanzo Beans

Baked Hot Wing Sauce Garbanzo Beans

Yay!  I am a winner!  Well, a runner-up, but I feel like a winner.  Remember the Saucy Mama contest and giveaway?  Right before the contest was up, I got the idea to make some crunchy Baked Hot Wing Sauce Garbanzo Beans.  If you’ve never had baked garbanzo beans, they’re a delicious and healthy nutty snack without actually being nuts.  Trust me, done right, these things are addicting.  Anyway, a big thanks goes out to the people at Barhyte Specialty Foods for sending me your delicious sauces and for the prize.  I had such a great time and was happy before by just receiving all that great sauce and being included in the contest!  I found out yesterday (screened my calls and didn’t answer the actual phone call the night before…oops!) via email.  It came just at the right time as I was cranky from being sick of my son’s cold.  He has a never-ending rope of snot that he’s had for 5 days and he hates it when I wipe his nose but refuses to use tissues.  I’m constantly cleaning him up while he vehemently protests.  Word from the folks at Saucy Mama had me feeling much more upbeat in between snot rags and antioxidants.  Sometimes, it can be a little scary to put your stuff out there and it’s nice to get some positive feedback!  …And a prize!

If you want to see the real winning recipe, it’s here:  Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches with Blue Cheese Slaw – from Kristy at The Wicked Noodle – also using the hot wing sauce.  The sandwiches look fantastic, I will definitely be trying these out…but with a different kind of cheese since believe it or not, blue cheese is pretty much one of the only foods out there that I don’t like.  Judging on the rave reviews I read on the sandwich – Kristy deserves the win:)  It’s funny because in the post she says she thinks it’s the winner!  In the near future, her recipe will be included on the Saucy Mama hot wing sauce.  How cool is that!?

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Diva September 17, 2009 at 2:18 pm

Ya know, I keep meaning to give the baked chick peas a try but never seem to get around to it. You’ve reminded me that I should. These look excellent! BIG congrats on your win as well. Yay! :)

2 the wicked noodle September 17, 2009 at 3:44 pm

Congratulations!! This WAS a very fun and exciting contest, wasn’t it? Thanks for the kind words about my recipe, too! I was over the moon when I found out, just as I’m sure you were, too. There were some fantastic recipes from some very talented bloggers, and all the recipes I’ve seen look delicious. So, about the cheese…not sure what a good sub would be since I adore blue cheese and it’s the only flavor sauce I’ll eat with wings! You could easily forgo the cheese entirely, or just toss in your favorite and see how it tastes – maybe it’ll be even better than the original!
I hope your son feels better soon! I understand that frustration – I have two little girls and it can get so tough when they’re sick. Give me a shout if you need moral support – we foodies need to stick together! :-)

3 cinnamonquill September 17, 2009 at 5:46 pm

Congratulations!! Haven’t tried them -yet- but they are on my list, for sure!

4 stephchows September 18, 2009 at 8:36 am

Congrats again!!! I think this just shows you that the hot wing sauce was the favorite of the bunch they sent :)

5 Kristen September 18, 2009 at 12:10 pm

Ann, you are a SAUCY MAMMA. Hey, if anyone cares to vote for my saucy little princess, she is in a contest. We could win a trip to Disney World. Here is the link: http://family.go.com/princess-picture-contest/who-is-the-fairest/her-majesty-samantha-17205/

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/sammysmom11/100_0922_resized.jpg[/IMG]

6 Dawn September 18, 2009 at 3:11 pm

Congratulations!

7 Karine September 20, 2009 at 5:14 am

Congrats! And I love your idea of baked garbanzo beans: it sounds delicious!

8 Breanne September 21, 2009 at 9:15 am

Yum!! Those baked hot wing sauce garbanzo beans sound sooo delicious!!

9 Patty September 21, 2009 at 12:43 pm

Congratulations! How wonderful is it to have create a delicious and simple recipe AND win a prize! Congrats! Those chickpeas look amazing….I just happened to soak some beans this morning, so I plan on making these right now! Thanks for the recipe.