The inspiration for this yummy corn dish comes from this new line of sauces and condiments called Saucy Mama. I was lucky enough to be one of 25 bloggers out there to get a nice big boxful of sauces to try out (in addition to 4 extras for a giveaway for you!) I wanted to make something non-intimidating that people could take to a barbeque as a side dish or throw it on top of some great Asian salmon or chicken. Also, as I have mentioned, I live in Nebraska! Omaha to be exact, but farmers from all over the state drive to Omaha for farmer’s markets and random stands set up all over the place. This leaves us with some of the best tasting sweet corn in the world at our fingertips daily. How can I pay homage to our fantastic corn farmers and state? By naming this dish after them of course. Well, and that darned football team that steals my husband away every season. Love the corn, could do without the football due to the husband snatching. The Cornhusker’s also produce crazy fans who like to talk smack and annoy the crap out of me. Believe me, I’ve tried very hard to care about football but I just can’t do it! I get myself pumped up for tailgating food (and the wonderful people we tailgate with have wine so I’m happy). But when the game starts I’m basically good to go! Home.
- 3 cups fresh grilled corn kernels, cut from cob
- 2-3 green onion stalks- green part only, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/4-1/2 cup Saucy Mama Sesame Ginger dressing (or as a subsititute, your own favorite sesame ginger dressing)
- 1/2 cup sliced tomatoes (I used cherry)
- 2 celery stalks, chopped finely
- Grill the corn (for extra flavor, you can coat it with some butter, salt and pepper)- my favorite method is using our outdoor grill at about 325 for 8 minutes turning frequently.
- Cut the kernels from the cob (my mom gave me the advice of using a mechanical knife, I felt like a man in his tool shed, it was so much fun!)
- Put corn in refrigerator until cooled
- Add the rest of the ingredients and enjoy!
So, back to the sauces! I’m going to host a giveaway of 4 bottles of Saucy Mama Lime Chipotle Marinade (it’s spicy:) Look out for my next post, which is a Lemon Chicken with the Saucy Mama Parmesan Garlic Marinade. The giveaway will be officially underway on that post and that’s where you can comment to win! My husband likes it when I cook with these sauces due to the name. He likes to ask if I’ve put any Saucy Mama on it even when it’s obvious that I didn’t. Men:)
Wait a minute, I just changed my mind, if you comment on this page, you’re also entered to win – and you can comment on the Lemon Chicken post too! Double your chances man. For fun, you can tell me what you might make with the Lime Chipotle marinade!
Disclosure: I was provided free product from Barhyte Specialty Foods