Okay, so it’s not Everclear and Juicy Juice. What’s wrong with that anyway? In fact, I’ve had a few mighty fine times with jungle juice in college and even a couple after college! Since I’m a mom now, those days are over. But the memory of jungle juice lives on! Well, in the process of modifying my son’s fruit pops (post to follow soon), I really thought that this would be a great, semi-healthy drink for a hot day. A wonderful way to celebrate Independence Day! Happy Fourth of July everyone! I’m going to make it happier. This is definitely more tame than your average jungle juice and is more of a nice alcoholic snack than a drink to party with.
- 1 1/2 banana
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup coconut water (or, omit this and just use pineapple juice)
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup chopped raspberries
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 2 Tb agave nectar
- extra pineapple juice
- sugar (optional)
- Blend banana, agave nectar, coconut water, pineapple juice and shredded coconut
- Add strawberries and raspberries and mix well
- Pour 1 cup into plastic cups (to freeze)
- Per cup, add 3/4 to 1 shot rum, 1/2 tsp sugar to taste (more or less, it’s up to you) and 3/4-1 shot rum
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze
- Before serving, allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes and mash with spoon, knife, whatever.