It’s my hazelnut chocolate thing again… well and coconut. I guess I wasn’t done after the Nutella bars!!! These crepes are amazing! Honestly, delicious… just the right consistency with a hint of coconut. The crepes are nourishing, but what you choose to put in is is where it ends up really being healthy or not. I chose to put a thin layer of Nutella (making it less healthy of course) with some strawberries and bananas. Excellent combination. However, it would be mighty tasty with almond butter, strawberries and bananas. Or even a thin layer of cheese. I think the cheese would work nicely with the coconut – a little sweet and savory.
- 1/2 cup oat flour (gluten-free if you buy gluten-free oat flour or oats and grind them)
- 2/3 cup light coconut milk
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 Tb melted coconut oil
- 1 Tb agave nectar
- Whisk coconut oil with coconut milk, add eggs and whisk together, add agave and mix
- Add oat flour and mix with blender on high. Without using a blender, the oat flour is too lumpy – there isn’t much gluten in oat flour so you shouldn’t need to worry about over-mixing and making it tough – but if you substitute another flour, take that into consideration (another flour may not be as lumpy as oat flour anyway)
- Pre-heat a large pan on medium-high and add some grease (butter, spray, coconut oil, whatnot)
- Add scant 1/4 cup to 1/4 cup of batter, move pan around a little to spread batter (OR, use a crepe maker if you’re cool enough to have one, I am not) – flip when edges start to brown slightly – leave on pan for about 30 seconds and crepe should be done!
Add your favorite crepe toppings and delight your taste-buds.
Did you notice the plate? It says CHOW! I found it at Super Target and although it’s normally something I wouldn’t buy, I just couldn’t resist. Perfect!
ALSO…today’s the day I’m announcing the winner of the Stonyfield Farm YoBaby contest! Random.org picked #5, and excluding my comments, Gina wins! Congratulations Gina! And thanks for commenting.